The increasing medical advancements in recent years in India have taken the entire world by storm. Modern and advanced India is carving a niche for its own identity by providing effective and affordable medical treatments for such diseases which are a global issue these days. The cost-effectiveness of the medical procedures like BMT in India given by several hospitals is leading its way for medical tourism as well. A cut-throat competition given by India to several developed countries by charging just a fraction of the cost being charged by other counties is a huge transformation in the medical field.
Bone Marrow Transplant in India is offered by several hospitals which possess a team of trained medical professionals who have their specialization in hematology and oncology. To help and assist them there is another team of trained professionals including doctors and nurses etc. The high success rate of the procedure achieved by the hospitals is both due to good professionals as well as of the equipped diagnostic and treatment materials which are kept up to date as per the modern technology.
When you should go for a Bone Marrow Transplant in India?
Bone Marrow Transplant in India is far more economical and hassle-free. So go for it in case you are suffering from:
• Damaged immune system which needs a regeneration which can be done by BMT.
• A bone marrow degeneration caused by any genetic disease like Hurler’s syndrome or adrenoleukodystrophy etc.
• The bone marrow malfunctioning caused by high dose chemotherapy or radiation to treat any brain tumor or any other cancers etc.
Bone Marrow Transplant in India? What does it involve during the procedure?
There are several options available for BMT in India.
Some of them are listed below:
• Autologous transplant: In this stem cells are obtained from the patient’s body itself.
• Allogenic transplant: In this procedure, matching stem cells are obtained from their parents, siblings or any other unrelated donor.
• Syngeneic transplant: In this procedure source of stem cells is the identical twin of the patient.
• Umbilical cord transplant: This procedure involves the use of stem cells obtained from the umbilical cord of the newborn. These days several cord blood banks preserve the cords against some fees for a specific period and hence this cord can be used as a source for stem cells if required in future. This also reduces an effort and time to find a matching donor in the critical circumstances.
Q: What is the survival percentage and success rate after Bone Marrow Transplant in India?
A: India has transformed a lot in the medical field. Bone Marrow Transplant in India today has reached a survival point of nearly 62 percent and the success rate of Bone Marrow Transplant is also increasing with the application of high tech modern technology in India. Every hospital dealing with Bone Marrow Transplant has a good success rate.
Q: What is done during the Bone Marrow Transplant procedure in India?
A: The procedure of Bone Marrow Transplant in India, involves a basic process of removal of damaged stem cells and is further replaced with healthy stem cells by transplantation. Healthy stem cells can either be obtained from a donor or preserved umbilical cord from the blood cord bank.
Q: What is the average procedure cost of Bone Marrow Transplant in India?
A: Bone Marrow Transplant cost in India varies specifically as per the patient’s need and also because of a variety of facilities offered by hospitals. Upon an average, the BMT in India cost varies between 10 lakhs to 35 lakhs, which is a comparatively affordable price offered in comparison to other countries. This range Bone Marrow Transplant in India further goes down in the government hospitals of Rajasthan. In the last few years, Bone Marrow Transplant in India has emerged as the most affordable option.